Sunday, September 5, 2010

Task One Idea

For task one the siutation that I think was the most life changing for me was about two years ago I had a seven year old cousin that passed away from cancer. It really killed me for something like that to happen to somebody so young who never got to experience life at all. It seemed so unfair. It really changed the way i look at life and live it. It opened my eyes to the fact death can happen to anybody no matter what age you are. I knew that death could come at anytime but, I guess you could say I was just ignorant to the fact that it can. This will be a hard subject for me to write about but, I can do it. It has been long enough that I am strong enough to do this now. I choose this topic for the fact that it dramatically changed my whole perspective on life. Pitty things that I used to let bother me or get me down I now realize life is too short to let them. I anticapate and hope maybe somebody will read my paper that looks at life the way i used to and it can change there perspective on it. Because, its very hard realizing it the way i had to. The questions i have are. What material should I focus on the most? What kind of details do I need to put in this paper?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kyle,

    As for the issue of description (and it may be difficult), I would encourage you to talk to your cousin's close family (such as a parent). As a reader, we are pulled in first by description. We want to be able to visualize your cousin. What did he/she look like? What was his/her characteristics? Behavior? Is there a specific memory you remember of your cousin? If you choose to begin with a memory of your cousin, after that you may discuss her death (how it came to be) and how it has affected you. Here you can pull in your beliefs on death as you state:

    "It really killed me for something like that to happen to somebody so young who never got to experience life at all. It seemed so unfair. It really changed the way i(I) look at life and live it. It opened my eyes to the fact death can happen to anybody no matter what age you are. I knew that death could come at anytime but I guess you could say I was just ignorant to the fact that it can."

    ReplyDelete