Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Task Two Self Evaluation

  • What is the thesis for your paper?

  • List the main points you make in your paper.

  • What was the most helpful advice you received from your peer evaluation?

  • What was the most helpful information you received in class for your paper?

  • How many drafts of this paper do you think you wrote and how/when did you write them? For example, did you compose at the keyboard, did you write lots of notes to yourself, did you pre-write or outline, did you write in small chunks of time or sit down and produce an entire draft at one sitting?

  • What would you do differently with this paper to make it more effectively, or what did you try to do that you just don’t think you got a good handle on?

  • What are most pleased with about this paper?


My thesis was about my mother and the struggles she had to overcome to get to where she is today and how her success has helped drive me towards success. Her struggles actually helped me realize some of the things I had to be successful in my life.

My mother had a child in high school that caused her to drop out. The struggles I watched her go through gave me me drive to succeed at what I am doing. I remember being poor when I was younger but, when she got through things dramatically changed for the best.

The best advice I got was the comments left on my rough draft by MS. Chastain and the people I did peer evaluations with.

I took notes on my interview then I composed them at the keyboard as I typed the rough draft and my final draft was pretty much my rough draft with corrections and more details.

I added more details to my story but, I still feel that I didn’t have enough. I have trouble placing details and staying on track. I can tend to get way off base.

I feel I did a much better job than I did on task one.

No comments:

Post a Comment