Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Task Three Introduction

I decided to come to college to try and further my education to do more in life than what I was. I tried just going out into the world on my high school diploma and if you want to make good money you have to work yourself to death and I really got tired of doing that. Plus I was working myself to death and just getting by. I was the nightshift supervisor at taco bell for three years. Then I thought I could do better in factory work and found out that is about the worst kind of work to do. I drove a forklift at a couple factories and they really just weren’t good jobs they didn’t pay good. I later noticed I actually made more supervising Taco Bell than working in factories. Which totally contradicted my reason for leaving on the first place. I was always a good student in high school I did pretty well. I graduated with a 3.7 gpa and had a couple scholarship offers in Florida and Mississippi. But, I thought I would do fine without college I was very wrong.

A college degree to me means that I accomplished something in life. It is a personal goal I set for myself. In American society it means you further your training to go into the field you have. That you put extra commitment to being a better employee in your field.  It just sets you up much better to start your own life that a high school diploma ever could.








No comments:

Post a Comment