Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Task Three Evaluation

The essay I choose as “Let Teen-Agers Try Adulthood” by Leon Botstein. I agree and disagree with points made. The fact he feels that the typical American High School is outdated and there needs to be some changes made. The fact that the system is set up for some to fail. The fact he says team sports dominated everything even student culture. I personally saw this with my own eyes. There was more than one occasion when I played football at Central High School that an assignment I didn’t do was just looked over by teachers because we played an away game or sometimes a game at home even. My football coach taught two classes I had. It seemed the classes were mainly football players and we all did well. It is the cliques are a big problem and the jocks were a clique and considered the insiders and all others were outsiders. And there were many more cliques though and everybody seemed to stick with there own.
            But in Botsteins essay I do not agree that students should be graduating at sixteen years old. Most people are just not mature enough at sixteen to make an adult decision at that age. I know from my own personal experience that I thought I knew everything at that age and I actually knew nothing. Botsteins says thatsays that American Teenagers are ready and prepared. For the most what I have seen nobody I know was actually ready. You can ask anyone and that made most of the mistakes would have changed at that point in

No comments:

Post a Comment